This post may contain Amazon affiliate links which means that if you click on the link and make a purchase I'll earn a small commision at no added cost to you
Buffalo Cauliflower Pizza made with roasted cauliflower and freshly shredded mozzarella cheese. This pizza is a great vegetarian alternative to the usual cheese or veggie pizza.
I’ve been on a major buffalo kick lately. I recently made buffalo chickpea fries and ate them for breakfast for a week. I’ll post the recipe if anyone wants it. I also made buffalo mozzarella quesadillas, buffalo spaghetti, buffalo tortilla pizzas…anything I could put the sauce on.
I didn’t actually see the appeal of buffalo wings for a long time. Entire restaurants exist solely to sell chicken wings dipped in sauce. And people love this. But then I made Buffalo Cauliflower Wings and everything changed.
I can’t explain why buffalo sauce is so amazing. But it is. And this Buffalo Cauliflower Pizza is one of the most delicious ways to eat it. The roasted cauliflower sneaks in a vegetable, but you could substitute it for seitan or vegan chick’n if you wanted a more authentic buffalo chicken pizza.
This pizza is super easy to make. I mean, I guess all pizzas are easy, but that further proves my point. Chop the cauliflower and onion into small pieces and drizzle with a bit of olive oil. Roast for 10 minutes.
While the veggies are roasting, shred the cheese and thicken the sauce. Assemble your pizza, bake, and eat. That’s all there is to it.
If you’re an overachiever like me, you can make your own crust. Or you can make life easier and start with a pre-made crust or even buy pizza dough. Whatever floats your boat.
I do highly recommend shredding your own cheese though. Pre-shredded cheese as something weird in it that keeps it from clumping. The weird something makes the mozzarella (and all cheeses, really) taste different. But you could save time by buying pre-shredded cheese. I won’t judge you too much.
Please share on your favorite social media site!
Buffalo Cauliflower Pizza made with roasted cauliflower, freshly shredded mozzarella cheese, and topped with blue cheese and green onion.
- ½ Head of Cauliflower
- ¼ Onion
- 1 Cup Wing Sauce (Homemade or Storebought)
- 2 tsp Cornstarch
- 8 oz Mozzarella
- Blue Cheese
- Green Onion
- Pizza Crust
- Cornmeal (optional)
- 2 Tbs Butter (Optional)
- Preheat oven to 425. Place a pizza stone or baking pan in the oven.
- Cut the cauliflower into smaller-than-bite-sized pieces. Slice the onion into thin strips, then cut the strips in half.
- On a second baking pan, toss the cauliflower and onions in a bit of oil and roast for 10 minutes.
- While the veggies are roasting, whisk the cornstarch with 1 tablespoon of the wing sauce in a small saucepan. Add the remainder of the wing sauce and bring to a boil. Allow the sauce to thicken then remove from heat.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the crust. When the cauliflower and onions are finished roasting, stir them into the sauce, then spread over the pizza.
- Take your preheated pizza stone or baking pan from the oven. Sprinkle a bit of cornmeal on it if you would like. You may need to grease the pan depending on the crust that you are using. Brush the edge of the crust with melted butter if you like your crust a bit crispier.
- Transfer the pizza over to the pan and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Sprinkle with blue cheese and green onion right before serving.
Franks Wing Sauce is a very popular brand, but I either make it myself or use a generic brand. Here at The Parsimonious Pea, we rock generics.